Date(s) - 10/29/2017 - 12/10/2017
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Southern Sand Volleyball
Late Fall League Registration (Now until end of Tues, October 24).
Leagues run from October 29-December 10 (5 weeks of regular season followed by a season-ending mini-tournament. The Sunday after Thanksgiving is anticipated to be an off week unless needed to insert a rain make-up and there is agreement by participants.)
Sunday afternoon (approx 4-6:30PM) option only: For the late Fall season we try to avoid the increasing likelihood of chilly/cold nights and keep leagues to Sunday afternoons vs. trying to hold any week night leagues. Based on past interest and number of courts available, we will offer only the following for this season (subject to interest)
- 2v2 (Doubles) – Coed
- King of the Beach/Queen of the Beach – Played in 2v2 format where you change partners between games. Individual sign-up. No partner needed!
- 4v4 – Coed
Teams can also provide desired level of play and competition format preferences, which include the following:
- Match play (best 2 out of 3 sets – 2 matches played each week) – Pros: Conventional format of play. Cons: Due to variability of playing 2 or 3 sets, wait-times between matches may vary considerably and subsequent matches can get delayed. If an opponent forfeits, teams are left playing only 1 match for the week.
- 2 sets to 21 (total of 4 sets played each week) – Each set counts as a win or loss for season. Pros: Minimizes wait time potentially between courts. Con: If an opponent forfeits, teams are left playing only 2 sets for the week.
- 1 set to 21 (total of 4-6 sets played each week) – Pros: Offers opportunity to play multiple opponents each week and doesn’t cause long waits or huge reduction in sets played if an opponent forfeits. (Personally our favorite.. especially with 2v2 leagues)
If your league doesn’t have enough interest for the upcoming season, then you will be refunded your registration.
Late Registration Fee: After October 16 , all registration fees for King/Queen of the Beach leagues go up by $5, 2v2 leagues go up by $10.
Check out the Adult Leagues page for more information.
Registration FormWe only accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover Cards.
- 2v2 (Coed) - 6 registrations
- Jenny/Chris Moore
- What's the Score?
- Good Volley Miss Molly
- 4v4 (Coed) - 1 registrations
- King of the Beach (individual) - 4 registrations
- Kevin Espinoza
- Mark Nalevanko
- Russ Zacek
- Nick King
- Queen of the Beach (Individual) - 2 registrations
- Anne Roberts